I recently had breakfast with a Senior Pastor who said, “Mark, more than half of the people I counsel are still hurting from something in their past. They remain frozen and can’t move forward.”
Are you frozen because of past pain? (This assessment will help you know.)
The one thing you should do when you’re frozen is . . . anything.
We often think we need a detailed plan before we can start. The truth is we need to act now. Do something. Take a little step. It may even be the wrong step. But don’t remain frozen.
So, what can you do? Here are 10 small steps you can take when you’re frozen from past pain:
- Read a book on forgiveness. Here are my top 4
- Setup a counseling appointment
- Read my free 30-days of forgiveness devotional
- Grab my free Forgiveness Starter Kit
- Call a friend (who’s a great forgiver) and ask them to pray with you
- Grab a concordance and read passages on forgiveness
- Memorize Eph. 4:31-32
- Download my Kindle Book on forgiveness
- Make a list of all that the things you’ve been forgiven
- Start praying for the person who hurt you
This time next year, you’ll remain frozen unless you do something. So take a step . . . any step . . . TODAY.