When you discover that you’re stuck in traffic it can be frustrating. Being stuck causes you to feel immediate impatience, some panic, slight anger, and even jealousy toward those who aren’t stuck.
Do you feel stuck in your life? Unforgiveness is one of the most common ways people become stuck.
None of your relationships are guaranteed to succeed. But if you don’t forgive they are guaranteed to fail. Unforgiveness impacts all of your relationships (family, friends, business, and ministry).
Here are the 5 necessary steps to begin the process of forgiveness:
1) Remember that you’re forgiven
2) Let God heal your past
3) Choose to pay off the debt the person owes you
4) Stop replaying the hurt and replay God’s Word
The dirty little secret about unforgiveness is that it’s emotional. I talk more about this HERE.
5) Release the person from your prison
Forgiveness doesn’t make the other person right; it makes you free.
Practical steps you can take today:
– Make a list of people you need to forgive.
– Remember the forgiveness that you’ve received and how much it cost. (Remember, Jesus died specifically for their sins. So you must let them go.)
– Release each person out of your prison. (Pray for each person by name & ask God to help you set them free.)
– Destroy the mental tape. (When Satan tries to remind you of hurt, remind him already forgiven them & you decided to agree w/Jesus to forgive person.)
If you’d like to read further on how you can exercise total forgiveness, click HERE.