According to Henry Cloud’s book Integrity, there are three common factors among highly successful people.
- They have a mastered a skill
- They are alliance builders (within & without company)
- They have the character to keep from screwing it all up (The two most common ways pastors end their ministry is burnout or a moral failure. Sadly, retirement seems to run a distant third.)
Since these are the three things that will most likely determine your future impact, how are you doing?
1) Have you mastered your “skill”? How are you intentionally improving your craft?
2) Are you building alliances? How are you intentionally learning from colleagues from within and without?
3) Are you guarding your character? Who is helping you guard your character?